Monday, August 4, 2014

Dublin Ireland

It a nice prilavage to have the opportunity from my company to allow me to travel for work. This was the first time, I was asked to go to Ireland from my supervisor and manager. The request was for a whole month. Lucky the kids were on summer vacation, so took the job.

Christ Church Cathedral 
This building was built in the medieval time. What a beautiful church.

I thought that Dublin would be a big city, but a 30min walk could actually get you thru the down town area. I took longer because I took my time amazing at all the old buildings. For the next whole month I did a lot of walking and site seeing. The people were very friendly, if asked for direction or help. The Irish people would be kind to help out.

The cliffs of Moher use to be known as the edge of the earth by Europeans. It's on the south westside of Ireland. Such a beautiful place and breath taking. I felt I was at the edge reaching for my love towards the states. 



Enjoying the streets of Ireland. Saw this gentleman, he was painting these beautiful painting. 

I took a tour of the Trinity College library in Dublin Ireland.  A well known and prestigious college. I know someone who loves to read. She would enjoy going these old books. One of the oldest library around the world. 


 

Just rows and rows of books. 

On display was the book of Kells. It was such a blessing to see something like that first hand.

The Book of Kells (IrishLeabhar Cheanannais) (Dublin, Trinity College Library, MS A. I. (58), sometimes known as the Book of Columba) is an illuminated manuscript Gospel book in Latin, containing the four Gospels of the New Testament together with various prefatory texts and tables.
Reference: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_kells














1 Comments:

At September 7, 2014 at 7:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading too and would've been happy to be surrounded by all of those books. ;) I'm sure your love must have missed you too. Beautiful pictures.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home