Sunday, November 4, 2012

Little Giant

Just in case somebody wanted to incubate some eggs as a project with their kids. These would be the items you need to be successfully at hatching your own eggs.

Item # 9200, Little giant still air.
Item # 10200, circulated air incubator.
Item # 6300, automatic egg turner.

The night before, I started my incubator to warm up in preparation for loading the hens laying eggs. This will allows the incubator to stabilize the temperature so the temperature doesn't fluctuate when you put the eggs in. In case the temperature fluctuates you can make adjustment to have it at the right temperature prior to putting the eggs inside.  Since my hens I've been laying eggs I started collecting some eggs for my incubator. I had collected 20 eggs from three different hens. The morning of March 24, 2012 at 7 AM I loaded those 20 eggs into incubator with the help of my kids. Now it's a matter of time before the eggs start hatching. The exact date would be April 14 (21 days later) or depending temperature setting? Can't wait.

During the process of all this I was working along with my four-year-old and my two-year-old showing them how to prep the incubator. I had my kids help me collect some of the remaining eggs from the hen nest. After the eggs were collected we use pencil to mark the eggs So that we know which eggs come from which hen.  Then we placed it into the incubator. Also it a good idea note or write it on a notebook to show which eggs was from each hens. Have fun if you have any question let me know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home