Thursday, September 10, 2015

Traveling for work again

Just a few weeks after my returning from Ireland. My work place is sending me to Malta, New York to help another customer site due to lack of resources for tool installation. Is not that I don't like to travel but being a newly wedded is hard for my wife because she unfamiliar with the area and my kids haven't seen me much either.

Sometime I wish I can take my family with me on my business trips so they can see the world with their eyes instead thorough my eyes that I shared with them thorough my photos. 

One thing that bothers me most while traveling is adjusting to the time zone. Which causes jet lack. Otherwise traveling can be interesting because I get to experience and explore new cultures and places which most peoples don't get to do. Beside traveling on your own dime could cost an arm and leg. Why not use the company's dime while traveling the country or globally. 

During my stay in Malta, New York I was able to travel to Springfield, MA and Cooperstown, New York on the weekend. As you may know or not know those two places holds the hall of fame for basketball and baseball. Springfield hold the basketball hall of fame museum and Cooperstown hold the major leagues baseball hall of fame museum. I was very fortunate to be able to visit these land marks. I took a little longer time during my visit Springfield and took advantage of Springfield museums. 

I remember when I was a young boy I spent my freshman high school year in Brockton Massachusetts but never got the opportunity to visit these amazing museums because I was to poor then. It brought old memories of the beautiful state and how beautiful the drive is on the freeway. 

On my way back to the hotel driving west bound on I 90. I was caught in a thunderstorm. The thunderstorm was like a monsoon pouring so much water that some cars had to stop aside of the freeway to allow the thunderstorm to pass. As for me I could barely see but I continue to drive forward at a speed of 25 miles an hour. Some other drivers did the same.







Over all I had another enjoyable weekend. And I'm please to be heading home.



1 Comments:

At October 19, 2015 at 6:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much you enjoy going to museums. It must be hard on your relationship with your wife, but hopefully she might be able to join you. I can't wait until my husband goes on his work-related trips and I'm able to go along with him. I keep telling him to keep an eye out for something within the US, but to an area that we haven't been in, or some place out of the country. I'm glad that you're enjoying yourself.---WW

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home