Thursday, October 8, 2020

Beets from my garden


My son and I freshly pulled these beets from our garden this year. This is our second harvest of beets. When I was growing up in the states I didn’t really like eating beets because of my experience eating at the local school cafeteria. I believe those beets were canned beets. It has a totally texture and taste?  I haven’t eaten any beets since I was a very young boy.  

Fast forward to now, my wife introduced me to beets again. Her recipe is very simple, cut the beets to bite size or any size you like, then drizzle some olive oil, shake black pepper and salt mixture them in a pan (see below picture). Once that is done, make sure to pre heat your oven to 350c bake them for about 30-40mins. 









The beets taste like very earthy flavor. I will never eat beets again from a can. As a experiment, I also cut the beets' leave off the beets as they were still growing in the grounds. I took the greens/leaves to stir fry it with vegetable oil, garlic and a little bit of salt. The flavor taste just like beets but in a veggie green instead.

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home