Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thanksgiving Dinner


--Baking A Turkey For The First Time--

I know its kinda late for a Thanksgiving Dinner, late then never.  The reason it took me this long was because I was working during the Thanksgiving Holidays and my kids were with my e
x-wife. Beside that I didn't really know how to cook a turkey.  Not until a good friend had sent me a link to cook a turkey so I decided that I should give it a try. Otherwise my turkey would be a waste if I left it in the freezer.

The turkey that I had decided to cook was a medium size, not to big because I wasn't planning to the feed my extended family. As you know my extended family is pretty big, just including my brothers and sisters kids, and their kids. We are about 90 head count.

I took the turkey out of the freezer on Saturday to allow the turkey to thoroughly thawed out. On Monday, after the Turkey had defrost I prep it using the this recipe: (http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/taste/recipes/179320131.html)



The result was pretty good.  It tasted pretty good or maybe I was too hungry that I eat so much.  I think I gain 10lbs, my butt felt like spongebob...LOL

Enjoy, let me know what you did for Thanksgiving?

3 Comments:

At December 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, it looks like you really enjoyed your turkey. It looks super yummy too. Next time, maybe your friend will send you an article or show you how to make gravy with all of drippings/liquid in the pan. Good job Biggs. Hope your kids thanked you too.---WW

 
At December 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM , Blogger BIGGS said...

WW, My family and friends are always provide good support.

 
At December 18, 2012 at 6:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful turkey!---Sweet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home