Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rubbermaid shelf

Tonight somehow I felt a little motivated to do something around the house beside I've been putting it off for awhile now anyway.
 I purchased this easy custom closet kit from Lowes roughly a monthly ago for my oldest son closet.  The reason I hadn't completed or started the installation is because I had to finish up his closet.  The previous owner had done a poorly job of dividing the a master bedroom it seems using 5/8 pile board between the two rooms. So I removed the wall and installed the proper wall using 2x4 and drywall. I should of taken the pictures of previous wall but I had forgot to take it.

In this picture I had installed the support bar to hang the shelf and cloth hanger against the drywall using a leveler and hand power drill to drill in the screws to the stud behind the drywall.  If the rails does not align up with the drywall you also put inserts in the drywall to help hold the screw in place.
 Here is the finish project with my shirt and pants as the display.


This project is fairly easy project to tackle even if you are not a handle man or a novice to any projects around the house.  The instruction was well written.

2 Comments:

At February 24, 2012 at 5:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a handy man. I wonder where you got the idea to install such a nice kit for your closet? Well, looks like you did well.---WW

 
At February 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM , Blogger BIGGS said...

I got this idea from a good friend of mine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home