Saturday, January 28, 2012

The NW rains

A week ago the forecast in the Northwest was just rain. The rain was raining so hard it felt like it was pouring dogs and cats, so I didn't get the chance to do much outside or take any pictures.

However the last couple of days the sun finally came out behind those raining clouds and shining through bright. Giving a little life to everyone in the NW. I saw people riding bikes on the road and running in the sun enjoying the sun until the next forecast rain. So I decided to get my camera out of the house and take a few picture of my yard.

I think that the Tualatin River floods my property every year when it rains dogs and cats?  Prior to purchasing the property last year I did notice the flooding of the property around this time of the year until April or so but I fall in love with this little house and the land.  In June of 2010, I purchase the place. I thought housing market was at it's lowest so I decided to invest and purchase this property.

This past year my family already benefited from the land.  My brothers and their wife's planted a huge garden. The garden is almost 2 acre.  This coming spring I will share with you the garden and what they will planted.

You can see my property line at the metal gate almost under water. 
Beside the flooded water onto my property.  My nephew took advantage of the flood and put some his duck decoy into the flooded part of the land and he was able to shoot a pair of mallard duck.

He was hiding in the corn fields that his mother and father had planted this past year.  We were able to harvest some corn from it.  The corn were sweet and yummy.

A little bit further back from my property facing the Southeast. You can see almost the full garden to your right on the last picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home