Monday, January 9, 2012

2011 Fresno Hmong New Year

It's been awhile since I've been to the Fresno Hmong New Year. Earlier this year I decided to go to end the year with a big bang and meet new people and live a little... As part of the Hmong New Year Festival is to meet other young couple that was the tradition for many years and still is but the younger crowd still participate without wearing the traditional Hmong clothing. Hope I’ll meet someone?

I've decided to pack few of my clothing the night before and loaded it into my car. On my journey to Fresno California begins on December 26th 2011 at 12 o’clock mid night. Since everything was ready to go all I needed was to get dress and get my cell phone then go. However I started toward the freeway, I realize I forgot my cell phone I had to return back to the house for my cell phone. Okay now that I got my cell phone let get on the road.

Four and half hour later, everything was going fine until I hit some black ice. I was going roughly 70 miles per hour when I hit black ice. My car fish tail and the right rear side of the car hit a semi-truck running board. When I stop to exchange my information with the truck driver he was pretty upset that he just purchased his truck three months ago. I realize I purchase mine at similar time…
The damages to the semi-truck running board were severity damage compare to mine with minor scratches to the rims and rear quarter panel. It was too dark to take any pictures of the damage of the semi-truck but I some picture of my car when I got to my destination.

 When I got to Fresno that evening I had to get my car inspected by All State for the damages. They gave me a quick quote for the damages and gave me a check to get it repair when I return back home.





On the December 28th I finally got the chance to go to the Hmong New Year. I met this wonderful lady dress up in the traditional clothing; it was like, “love at first sight”.

She was being shy too me at first so she pretend to be on the phone to discourage my advancement.  However I did get her number and information.  Did I mention the purpose of the New Year festival is to get numbers and meet other single people?  She was a very nice lady after you get the chance to meet her. The odds thing she was from out of town just like me. She is from the mid-west state to protect her identity I will only show a partial picture of her image.





One thing about the festival is that the food is always good because of the traditional BBQ sausages, chicken and fish. The food was so good I forgot to take pictures of it by the time I was finish with it. Also many other new dishes and food to choose from next time I will try not to forget to take pictures. 


I also took some random pictures from the Hmong New Year that I would like to share with you.






Hand made ball ro toss with the ladies
 
Even at an older age, people can still find love







After the New Year festival, I work my way back to Sacramento to rest before heading back home. So the drive back wouldn’t be so long. That night as I park my car I notice my tire on the driver rear tire was flat. I took it to the Shell gas station to pump it but notice air hissing from the tire. So I drove the car back to the house. I waited for the next morning to get a new tire but most of the tire store in the Sacramento area was close and if they were open the disturber was not open to send them my tires. I had to wait another day which now it January 3rd, 2012 before I could get mine tires fix. I finally got my tire fix and it was around 1pm in the afternoon when I started my way back to Oregon. The drive back was pretty good no more issue with the car, except I saw a semi-truck flip over on the broader of California and Oregon. I took a few pictures. Also a few Oregon cars were accompanying me home from the Rose Bowl. It’s been a long time since the ducks won the Rose Bowl.


Over all I think the trip was worth it, regardless of all the issue that came along while drive there. Beside I got the chance to meet up with old friends met, made new friends and got to renew my heritage and culture. Well, I’m planning to go back again next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home