Sunday, December 18, 2011

Warrior Dash

On September 10, 2011, I ran my second warrior dash in North Plain, Oregon. In my preparation for the race I took several months to prepare my endurance to run 3.15 miles with 11 obstacles. I gradually start my training with half a mile then I slowly increase my distance to five miles. Beside my preparation, I had to race against some friends during the event. The purpose of the race was to have a little fun of competition against each other.  This year we decided to dress up in a military uniform, but the guys decided not wear it except for me. I was committed because I had purchase my outfit already not like the rest of the guys.  They chicken out and they did not purchase their outfit.  I was a little bitter because they did go through with our plan because we were supposed to be a unit.

I was hoping to beat my time from the previous year but I did not beat it.  I was behind my old pace by 10 minutes. I thought the obstacles were going to be the same or similar like last year, but I was mistaken the obstacle was much harder.  By the end of the race I was so sore from my upper body to my legs.  Last year my training was very similar to this year, but I was not expecting a harder obstacle and I did not work on my upper body to help me on some of the obstacles that needed my arm and upper muscles to help me climb over walls.

The best thing about this event is not having the fastest time but to survive the course and have fun at the same time which I did during my race. You should enter a warrior dash near you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home