Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Phoenix and Lily Flower Tattoo


In mid of January, my friend told me tattoo by Bong and tattoo Rich was coming back to town. I had been considering a tattoo but wasn't really sure when I wanted to do it. What I wanted was a traditional Japanese Phoenix on my chest wrapping around over on shoulder to my upper back. Also I've been putting a lot of tribal/ Polynesian tattoo on my body so I thought I would be unique to incorporate the Phoenix flying through the polynesian tattoo. I haven't seen this particular type of tattoo infusion.












The reason I choose the Phoenix bird known as; the mythical bird with a colorful plumage and a tail gold and scarlet (purple, blue and green according to some legends) Wikipedia. The Phoenix is known at the end of its lifespan it builds itself a nest of twigs and then ignites; both nest and the bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new young Phoenix or Phoenix egg arises, reborn to live again. This is the reason why I chose the Phoenix tattoo to be placed on my body because I got the chance to relive life or a new rebirth.

Secondly on my upper back I also put a lily flower pebbles to symbolize rebirth as well. It is very small design in Polynesian tattoo. If you don't look carefully you won't be able to noticed the flower pebbles. The reason for my lily flower because someone by the name of lily flower has help me through a very dark time in my life. So I dedicate this to her!

2 Comments:

At March 21, 2012 at 1:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure it's a flower? Looks more like the plumes from your phoenix.---WW

 
At March 21, 2012 at 6:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, what kind of lily flower is this? Is it a water lily, a daylily, an easter lily, etc.? Just wondering . . .---WW

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home