Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Day at Yosemite National Park


As I was boarding my flight back home from SMF, I'm so blessed to have had the opportunity to go to Yosemite National Park with my friends. 

While I was visiting Sacramento California for the weekend, my friends and I made a day trip to Yosemite National Park. The last time I recall going there was when I was a very slender young man in my teens.  How time has flyby and how I have very few memories of where I went too when I went there as that young boy? So this time around I wanted it to be more memorable and took lots of photography while I was there.  Even though it was a day trip like then and now, my friends and I made better efforts to plan a hiking trip to the base of Half Dome. I had always wanted too, because most of the time we see most popular photography of Half Dome from afar landscape photo. So we got there early at base camp at the Yosemite valley where we were meeting up with other friends. Because of the popularity of Yosemite, parking space is limited and we had to search and find parking space then regroup at base camp of the trailhead. Due to bad reception of phone signals we lost two friends which delay our hiking trip.  We decided to approach the trail. As we reached the first bridge, water break, and restroom station we got reception so we left a message on their cell phone. No replies nor messages, so we continue ahead.
When we reached the second waterfall on our hike up towards Half Doom. We finally was able to find our lost friends. They mention that they received the messages so they rush up the trail to catch up to the rest of us. I guess we missed them when we went to the restroom break and they thought we were so far ahead that they continue without a restroom break. By then my friends wife was cramping a little bit and exhausted from the hike. We push her and encourage her, we finally reach the Yosemite upper valley going toward Half Doom late into the afternoon. We had our lunch and snacks. The hike from Yosemite upper valley to the base of Half Dome was another 4.5 miles. My friends were too exhausted and out of shape, so we decided to head back. Next time for sure I will accomplish this defeat..

Even though it was a day trip to the park.  I made my money worth it? I had such a get time seeing Mother Nature creation, so beautiful and breathtaking.  One of California best place to go visit and tour! Next time it will be a better trip because I want to spend a few days there so I can take more pictures of some of the most spectators fresh waterfall in the nation! 

I have you been to Yosemite National Park? Tell me your experience? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home