Saturday, April 23, 2016

First Attempt of Night Photography

I took several photos at midnight last night but the sky had too much clouds, the moon was out and the light population effect my photos.  From reading and watching photos that a friend has shared with me I need the moon to be half moon mean, no moon and to be at least 50 to 100 miles away from a metropolitan city so the light population would not effect my photography.  I will soon try again when I have less lighting from the moon.



Any tips you would like to share with me on night photography? Or share some photos with me on your work. I'm always learning to better understand my 7D canon EOS. 

4 Comments:

At April 28, 2016 at 6:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you using a wide angle lens? Or did you change your lens to the widest angle? Good attempts, Bigg. So excited for you. Even more excited for what you'll capture on your upcoming hike. Just make sure you plan ahead of time. Good luck!!!---WW

 
At April 29, 2016 at 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not have a wide angle lens. Just using what I have for now... In recent searches, I will invest in one shortly after seeing some photos of someone who I been following. What wide lens would you prefer?

 
At May 5, 2016 at 6:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Biggs, I've owned a Canon 20mm wide angle lens and used that to do my astrophotography. It's not the best, but better than nothing. You can also try using one of your zoom lens, set to the wide angle. My other suggestion is for you to try renting lens, rather than buying. It's the cheapest option and a really good way for you to try the lens out. Where I live, there's a local shop that I can rent lens. If there's no place close to you that you can rent lens, then try online companies:
https://www.lensrentals.com/
http://www.rentglass.com/

I would recommend you rent a Canon wide angle lens to try and then rent it for your trip. Wishing you the best of luck and looking forward to seeing your pictures.---WW

 
At May 9, 2016 at 10:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Biggs, if you're thinking about buying a wide angle lens, but don't want to spend a lot, check out this lens:
http://www.amazon.com/Rokinon-FE14M-C-Ultra-Canon-Black/dp/B003VSGQPG

It's a manual focus lens, but really sharp. Read the reviews on Amazon.---WW

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home