Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Pacific NW Lobster Mushrooms

Prior to our hunting trip for mushrooms in the Pacific NW.  We also brought along a guide book to compare it to. This is our first time foraging and eating it. We did a lot of research and came to the conclusion that it's the color of cooked lobster.  My wife and I took our two youngest kids on a mushroom hunting trip this past Labor Day weekend. We found these giant Lobster Mushrooms.


 For cooking, my wife sautéed it in olive oil, unsalted butter, fresh garlic and rosemary and seasoned with salt and black pepper. It was really good!



A short video clip of me picking a Lobster Mushroom.
https://youtu.be/bV6_tL5c_64


Enjoying the outdoors and find new things to eat.  Hopefully in the next few weeks I will share some more clips and stories of new mushrooms...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home